Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting a Student Visa

Who can apply for a student Visa? Every Citizens of all countries are eligible to apply for a student Visa. You can apply for a student visa in your country or change the status to student visa after you legally entered in the US using another type of visa.

When applying for a Student Visa, you have to consider many things. If you are not yet in the United State - You have to appear to the consular officer who will interview you in-person. If you pass you may be legally authorized to study in the United States. However, if you are already in the United States the first thing you should do is to contact the school administrators, or the person you think can guide you in the right direction and start the admission process. Once you are admitted by the school, the school will issue you the Form I-20. Acquiring the I-20 form is your first step in obtaining the student visa application. Your school is accountable to record your information for the I-20 student Visa form into the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). It is a must for every student to have a generated SEVIS form I-20 issued by educational institution and it must be approved by DHS (Department of Homeland Security), In which they are required to present when they are applying for their student visa.

The completed I-20 form will include all the information in the U.S. It is necessary for you to show that you or your parents are financially stable and that you have an adequate financial resources to pay for your schooling and other lifestyle expenses during the period of your stay or your plan of study.

Once you comply all the requirements which should be met by every applicants to qualify the student Visa, the Immigration and National Act will study it first because they are very specific with the requirements. Therefore, you have to keep in mind that providing the requested documents won't guarantee that your student visa will be granted. Thus, if you meet all the criteria you are allowed to enter with F-1 Visa or M-1 visa.

Nevertheless, USA is very committed to assist the international students with all their US immigration needs. When you enter the United States, you will receive a white I-94 card attached to your passport. This visa allows you legally to enter the United States. This second page is your legitimate form of identification and you ought to bring it with you at all times whenever you go are in the United States.

1 comment:

  1. Applying for a visa is not a simple process and there are stringent visa requirements that need to be met by anyone that wants to obtain a US visa.

    US Visa Waiver


Welcome to Nicole blog, I hope that you take time to leave me a comment. Be Kind and NO SPAM PLEASE, avoid Racism or any Personal attacks because I will delete your comment if you try. Thank you for stopping by and God Bless!